Ratatouille Pizza Potpies Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups bread flour
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pizza or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, honey, salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, vegetables, pepperoni, cheeses, honey, garlic and seasonings; divide among eight 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- 4. Punch dough down. Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit ramekins. Cut out a decorative center with a small Christmas cookie cutter or small cookie cutter of your choice. Place dough over filling; trim and seal edges. Brush with oil.
- 5. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: To make this recipe in one dish; transfer filling to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with prepared dough and brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
1 each: 435 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1440mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Ratatouille Pizza Potpies
"I made the one-dish version and used a store bought Italian cheese blend. Tasted great!"
"It is really tasty but too much sodium when exactly as the recipe shows. I made some adjustments and now I use this as a great, vegan dish with much less sodium! Thank you so much!"