- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oil, honey,
- salt and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough
- remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine the pizza sauce, vegetables, pepperoni,
- cheeses, honey, garlic and seasonings; divide among eight 10-oz.
- ramekins or custard cups.
- Punch dough down. Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly
- floured surface, roll out dough to fit ramekins. Cut out a
- decorative center with a small Christmas cookie cutter or small
- cookie cutter of your choice. Place dough over filling; trim and
- seal edges. Brush with oil.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes
- or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Yield: 8
Editor’s Note: To make this recipe in one dish; transfer filling to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with prepared dough and brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potpie equals 435 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 1,440 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.