Ratatouille Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups diced peeled eggplant
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place eggplant and zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse and drain well.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the eggplant, zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Drain pasta; place on an ovenproof platter. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
0.666 cup: 344 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Ratatouille Pasta
"My whole family loved it"
"I followed the recipe to the letter and ended up with enough sauce for 5 people but barely enough pasta for three. Delicious but needs a bit more pasta and can serve 5 people."
"I added 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, and it made a great one-dish meal."
"this is so tasty and fresh"
"I make this recipe without the pasta and use it as a side dish. Yum!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.