"This is one very attractive and tasty dish," Carol Dodds of Aurora, Ontario says of her zesty veggie-packed entree. "It's been a favorite for years, especially with my daughter who is a vegetarian."
Recommended: 50 Chicken Recipes in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups diced peeled eggplant
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place eggplant and zucchini in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes; rinse and drain well.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the eggplant, zucchini and onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, garlic powder, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place on an ovenproof platter. Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Ratatouille Pasta in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p17
Reviews forRatatouille Pasta
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2014
"My whole family loved it"
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2013
"I added 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, and it made a great one-dish meal."
Reviewed May. 8, 2010
"this is so tasty and fresh"
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2010
"I make this recipe without the pasta and use it as a side dish. Yum!"