In DePere, Wisconsin, Anne Michalski whips up this colorful brunch dish when her college friends visit for the weekend. "The fluffy eggs pick up wonderful flavor from spicy chunks or leftover sausage," she notes. "And the hash browns and tasty vegetable mixture make it filling enough to serve for dinner."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cooked Italian sausage links, diced
- 2 cups cooked ratatouille (from the Ratatouille with Sausage recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10-in. or 12-in. ovenproof skillet, cook hash browns in oil
- until browned. Stir in sausage and ratatouille.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat until eggs are nearly set, about
- 10 minutes.
- Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are
- completely set and top is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 359 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as