Raspberry White Chocolate Bars Recipe
A co-worker's mother gave me this gem of a recipe a few years back. I can never decide what's more appealing—the attractive look of the bars or their incredible aroma while they're baking! Everyone who tries these asks for the recipe. —Mimi Priesman Pace, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Remove from the heat; add 1 cup chips (do not stir). In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar. Stir in chip mixture and almond extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to egg mixture just until combined.
- 2. Spread half of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt jam over low heat; spread over warm crust. Stir remaining chips into the remaining batter; drop by teaspoonfuls over the jam layer. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 4. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC