"The original recipe for this attractive dessert called for regular gelatin and yogurt. I substituted sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat yogurt, and it tastes just as good," relates Gale Lalmond of Deering, New Hampshire. "It's especially nice after a large meal."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, drained, divided
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water.
- Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 30-45 minutes. Add
- yogurt. Beat on medium speed until light and foamy, about 2-3
- minutes. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Divide 2/3 cup raspberries among six dessert dishes. Top each with
- about 1/2 cup gelatin mixture and remaining raspberries. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 48 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.