I get lots of compliments on this sweet treat filled with nuts and fruity flavor. It was a favorite at the tearoom I once operated.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Add flour; mix until blended. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Spread 1/4 cup preserves over crust. In a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine coconut, walnuts, flour and baking powder; fold into egg mixture. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool; remove sides of pan. Thin remaining preserves with water. Spread over torte. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Walnut Torte in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p42
Reviews for Raspberry Walnut Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review