Raspberry-Walnut Shortbread Recipe
These buttery fruit-topped shortbread bars are a treat to eat any time of year. "They are fancy but not too rich-and a nice change of pace from chocolaty bar cookies," notes Ann Previt of La Grande, Oregon.
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for topping, combine eggs and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in walnuts. Carefully spread jam over hot crust. Pour egg mixture over jam. Bake 16-20 minutes longer or until browned and set. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry-Walnut Shortbread in Country Woman November/December 2002, p37
Reviews for Raspberry-Walnut Shortbread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review