Raspberry Walnut Bars
Many of my treasured recipes have come from a group of moms I used to meet with for tea and coffee when our children were small. I adapted this recipe from a friend who made it with strawberry jam. I use raspberry jam and fresh berries from my big raspberry patch.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg yolks. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Pat half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Spread with jam. Crumble remaining crust mixture over jam. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 16 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 285 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.