Looking for something tasty to make with fresh raspberries? This dressing adds summer-fresh flavor to salads. Francy Nightingale, Issaquah, Washington
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Rinse the berries and air-dry on paper towels. Place berries in a
- 6-cup jar; set aside. In large saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar;
- bring almost to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly, until
- sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Pour hot vinegar mixture over berries; cover jar tightly and let
- stand at room temperature 48 hours. Strain through several layers of
- cheesecloth into a clean bottle or jar. Seal tightly with a cork or
- lid. Store in cool dark place. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 14 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.