Raspberry Vinegar Pork Chops Recipe
This recipe originally called for chicken; in addition to pork, I've tried it with grouse for a change of pace. The area I live in is very rural, and so many of my visitors stay overnight. Some of those friends send me fresh raspberries before they arrive as a hint they'd like me to serve this dish!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage or dried thyme or dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh sage
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add oil. Brown the pork on each side over high heat. Pour off oil; reduce heat to medium-low. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and garlic. Cover; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pork to heated container; cover to keep warm. Add remaining vinegar; stir up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Raise heat and boil until the vinegar is reduced to a thick glaze. Add the tomatoes, sage, parsley and chicken stock. Boil until liquid is reduced to half of the original volume.
- Strain sauce; season with the salt and pepper. Spoon over chops. Garnish with fresh raspberries and sage. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Vinegar Pork Chops in Country Woman July/August 1990, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Raspberry Vinegar Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >