"Try combining the raspberry vinegar with oil and herbs or other seasonings for a lovely rosy vinaigrette you can serve over mixed greens and fruit," suggests Claudia.
44 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 quart fresh raspberries
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring raspberries just to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Strain through a double
- layer of cheesecloth (do not press fruit). Let juice stand for 1
- Add vinegar and sugar. Store in a sterilized jar or decorative bottle
- in a cool dark place. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 6 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free food.