This fruity salad dressing gets its beautiful rich red color from raspberries. A hint of Dijon mustard gives it just the right touch of tartness. Field editor Dorothy Smith from El Dorado, Arkansas shared the recipe.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Mixed salad greens
- Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice; discard seeds. In
- a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the broth, sugar, vinegar,
- oil, mustard and reserved juice. Refrigerate. Shake before serving
- over salad greens. Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons salad dressing) equals 37 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.