Raspberry Vanilla Trifle Recipe
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 10 soft macaroon cookies
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine milk and pudding mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cool. Cut cake into 1-in. slices; spread with jam. Cut into 1-in. cubes. Place cubes jam side up in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Drizzle with orange juice.
- 2. Place macaroons in a food processor, cover and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Set aside 1/4 cup crumbs for garnish; sprinkle remaining crumbs over cake cubes. Top with berries and pudding. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Just before serving, in a small bowl, beat cream until thickened. Beat in confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over trifle. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved macaroon crumbs. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Vanilla Trifle
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.