Raspberry Truffle Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to egg mixture. Beat in chocolate until well blended. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture just until blended.
- 2. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in jam; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over cooled brownies.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Chill before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 171 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Truffle Brownies
"SO good, but I had a hard time keeping the frosting in place"
"Great with or without the frosting"
"These were fantastic. I took them to a meeting and they disappeared fast!"
"This sounds fabulous. Could you substitute orange marmalade for jam? I love orange chocolate anything."
"My family and friends loved these and are always asking for more."
"I actually recall making this recipe a long time back and I made them again 5/4/14. I have the Country Woman Crate 'o Recipes! I did add 1/4 tsp. salt to the dry ingredients & I'd greased and floured the 8x8x2" square baking pan! I baked the brownies 30 minutes! I'd also added 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the batter after combining eggs, brown sugar and instant DECAF coffee crystals with the melted chocolate-butter mixture! I did have the ingredients for the raspberry filling (the cream cheese, seedless raspberry jam, chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar) and I did make the glaze, but I swirled it through the filling to create a marbled pattern. This recipe actually makes about 16 to 20 brownies, NOT 5 dozen as it's in a square pan! Having prepared these brownies before, I was able to gauge the amount after chilling and cutting them! This recipe is really great and a very tasty alternative to traditional brownies! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with Country Woman! delowenstein"
"OMG - DELICIOUS! Definitely my go-to brownie recipe, w/ a slight rich taste, but at the same time not too sweet. I served pieces w/ a dollop of fresh whipped cream and raspberries on the side. I did not make the glaze, but sprinkled a small amount of icing sugar on top instead. As my 9x9 pan is a no-stick, I placed a piece of parchment on the bottom and up two sides (sprayed w/ pam) so I could lift the brownie out later to slice on a cutting board instead of scratching up the pan. This recipe is EXCELLENT and easy to make. Our guests loved this recipe and I gave them copies to take home!"
"This is a BIG hit at our house! I have made these many times. When I am in a hurry, I use a box mix for the brownies and follow the rest of the recipe for the filling and glaze."
"forgot to give it the 5 star rating it deserves."
"EXCELLENT! I have made this twice and it is delicous, but very rich."
"These are OMG good! If you are on a diet don't even go there 'cause you will not be able exhibit portion control... =)"
"I love these moist brownies. They are kind of rich but the have wonderful flavor. I will most definatly make these again."
"I used strawberry jam, it was what I had. The brownies are very good not too sweet or overly chocolatey. The frosting is surprising with cream cheese. Very good. Will try with raspberry jam as well as other flavors. Thanks for sharing!"