- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended. Dissolve coffee granules in water; add to egg mixture. Beat in chocolate until well blended. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture just until blended.
- Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in jam; stir in melted chocolate. Spread over cooled brownies.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over filling. Chill before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Truffle Brownies
Sort By :
"Great with or without the frosting"
"These were fantastic. I took them to a meeting and they disappeared fast!"
"This sounds fabulous. Could you substitute orange marmalade for jam? I love orange chocolate anything."
"My family and friends loved these and are always asking for more."
"I actually recall making this recipe a long time back and I made them again 5/4/14. I have the Country Woman Crate 'o Recipes! I did add 1/4 tsp. salt to the dry ingredients & I'd greased and floured the 8x8x2" square baking pan! I baked the brownies 30 minutes! I'd also added 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the batter after combining eggs, brown sugar and instant DECAF coffee crystals with the melted chocolate-butter mixture! I did have the ingredients for the raspberry filling (the cream cheese, seedless raspberry jam, chocolate chips, confectioners' sugar) and I did make the glaze, but I swirled it through the filling to create a marbled pattern. This recipe actually makes about 16 to 20 brownies, NOT 5 dozen as it's in a square pan! Having prepared these brownies before, I was able to gauge the amount after chilling and cutting them! This recipe is really great and a very tasty alternative to traditional brownies! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with Country Woman! delowenstein"