- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake, cut into 18 slices or 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream and fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Arrange one-third of sliced cake in the bottom of a trifle dish or large decorative bowl.
- Prepare pudding according to package directions. Place one-third more cake pieces around inside of bowl, using half of pudding to hold them in place.
- Gently stir together jam and raspberries; spoon half over pudding. Cover with remaining cake pieces. Layer remaining pudding and raspberry mixture. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Trifle
"Toasted the pound cake and sandwiched two thin slices together with raspberry jam. Also used mixed berries to give it a bit more color. Frozen berries work well too in the winter time."
"I have made this recipe on several occasions and we all love it. Once I couldn't find raspberries and substituted strawberries. Once I put blueberries in it with the raspberries for the fourth."