Raspberry Trifle Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) pound cake, cut into 18 slices or 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 jar (18 ounces) raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream and fresh raspberries, for garnish
- 1. Arrange one-third of sliced cake in the bottom of a trifle dish or large decorative bowl.
- 2. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Place one-third more cake pieces around inside of bowl, using half of pudding to hold them in place.
- 3. Gently stir together jam and raspberries; spoon half over pudding. Cover with remaining cake pieces. Layer remaining pudding and raspberry mixture. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Trifle
"Trifles are easy desserts that look fabulous. Try using a layer of the raspberry jam inside thetrifle instead of just on the top. Can also substitute white or yellow cake pieces for pound cake."
"Toasted the pound cake and sandwiched two thin slices together with raspberry jam. Also used mixed berries to give it a bit more color. Frozen berries work well too in the winter time."
"I have made this recipe on several occasions and we all love it. Once I couldn't find raspberries and substituted strawberries. Once I put blueberries in it with the raspberries for the fourth."