Raspberry Treasures Recipe
Light and flaky, these delicate fruit-filled cookies have the look of petite and elegant pastries. We like them with a spot of raspberry or apricot filling-and a cut of Christmas tea.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon raspberry filling in the center of each. Bring three edges together over filling, overlapping slightly (a small amount of filling will show); pinch edges gently. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC