- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough in half; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8 in. thickness. Cut with a lightly floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon raspberry filling in the center of each. Bring three edges together over filling, overlapping slightly (a small amount of filling will show); pinch edges gently. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over dough.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Treasures in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p43
Reviews for Raspberry Treasures
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2011
Easy to make and very delicious! Finding the Raspberry Cake & Pastry filling was challenging but I did find it at a more upscale grocery store.