Raspberry Topping Recipe
My family has enjoyed this recipe for many years. Serve the pretty sauce well-chilled over ice cream and top with whipped cream, if you like. —Marilyn J Cox, Sayre, Pennsylvania
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ice cream of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and tapioca. Add one package of raspberries; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the water, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add lemon juice and butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes.
- 3. Discard cinnamon stick. Gently stir in remaining raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 82 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Topping
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC