Raspberry Topping Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ice cream of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and tapioca. Add one package of raspberries; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the water, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add lemon juice and butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes.
- 3. Discard cinnamon stick. Gently stir in remaining raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 82 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Raspberry Topping
"This is really good served over vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries on top."