Raspberry Topping Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Ice cream of your choice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and tapioca. Add one package of raspberries; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the water, cinnamon stick, salt and nutmeg. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add lemon juice and butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 20 minutes.
- 3. Discard cinnamon stick. Gently stir in remaining raspberries. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 3 cups.
1/4 cup: 82 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Raspberry Topping
"This is really good served over vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries on top."