Raspberry-Topped Cream Tarts Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Warm water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. Cut tortillas with a 3-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; discard tortillas scraps. Brush both sides of tortillas rounds with warm water. Spray tops with cooking spray; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Press into ungreased muffin cups.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, milk and almond extract; mix well. Spoon into tortillas shells; top with raspberries. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
One tart equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.