Raspberry Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups diced peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, mashed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
One serving (2 tablespoons salsa) equals 16 calories, 0.55 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0.55 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.