Inspired by a gift of gourmet salsa. Dianne Koskinen of Baraga, Michigan created her own delightful version that pairs fresh tomatoes and raspberries. "My husband, Craig, and our 3-year-old son, Jordan, especially enjoy this salsa with crunch tortilla chips," she explains. "And I like that it's a healthy snack for all of us."
- 2 cups diced peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, mashed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Tomato Salsa in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p12
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Raspberry Tomato Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review