Raspberry Thyme Chicken
Here's an easy way to dress up chicken. Lenita Schafer, Princeton, Massachusetts, guarantees you won't miss the fat and calories when you taste this tender poultry with berry sauce.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile,
- sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the preserves, vinegar, pepper and remaining
- salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted
- and sauce is heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch.