Raspberry Thyme Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Meanwhile, sprinkle thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken; add to skillet. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the preserves, vinegar, pepper and remaining salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves are melted and sauce is heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 227 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 383mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 3 meat
Reviews for Raspberry Thyme Chicken
"This quickly became a favorite request in our house. I like pouring the berry sauce on top the chicken a nice tasty change of flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.