Raspberry Thumbprints Recipe
Berry jam really complements these tender, buttery treats rolled in nuts. With a ruby-red center, they're especially nice for the holiday season.—Linda Harrington, Hudson, New Hampshire
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Place nuts in another shallow bowl. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in nuts.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 4. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spoon jam into each cookie. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 70 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Raspberry Thumbprints
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC