Berry jam really complements these tender, buttery treats rolled in nuts. With a ruby-red center, they're especially nice for the holiday season.—Linda Harrington, Hudson, New Hampshire
Recommended: 16 Girl Scout Cookie Contest Finalist Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Place nuts in another shallow bowl. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls. Dip in egg white, then roll in nuts.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spoon jam into each cookie. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Thumbprints in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p66
Reviews for Raspberry Thumbprints
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review