Raspberry Tapioca Pudding Recipe
This ruby-red pudding was a favorite dessert when I was a child growing up in a German family.—Helga Schlape, Florham Park, New Jersey
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup red grape juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon peel strip (1 inch)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. Add enough water to juice to measure 2 cups; pour into a large saucepan. Add grape juice, sugar and lemon peel. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove lemon peel. Add tapioca. Cook and stir for 10 minutes. Pour into bowls. Cover and chill for 4 hours or until set.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Serve with pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Tapioca Pudding
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC