Raspberry Swirls Recipe
"My mother-in-law shared the recipe for these old-fashioned cookies," says field editor Marcia Hostetter of Canton, New York. "Swirls of raspberry jam give them a yummy yuletide twist."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine the jam, coconut and pecans; spread over rectangles. Carefully roll up, starting with the long end, into a tight jelly roll. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 2-3 hours.
- 3. Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire racks. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC