- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine the jam, coconut and pecans; spread over rectangles. Carefully roll up, starting with the long end, into a tight jelly roll. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into 1/4-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire racks. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Swirls
Sort By :
"These tasted delicious .... if only the cookies didn't spread so wide .... They wouldn't stay together when I took them off the cookie sheet and all fell apart!"
"This is a family favorite that is a must every Christmas. I find that if I grease the pan and take it off the pan right away, it does really help. The parchment paper would help, too. I also double the recipe so that I have a couple of rolls to slice and bake a little bit later for a delicious treat."
"Now these tasted great! You could really taste the raspberry filling. The hint about using Parchment paper really did help. No problems at all. Will be making these again."
"I make these every Christmas and my family loves them! They are not really all that difficult to get right. They do stick a little but not enough to stop me from making them."
"I make these cookies every year,and they are a favorite of many co-workers,family members, and neighbors. They are a little tricky but worth the work!"