A basic combination of vanilla ice cream, lemon sorbet and raspberry puree creates an amazing shake in minutes. Pour it into your prettiest glasses and enjoy its cool comfort.—Lisa Speer, Palm Beach, Florida
Recommended: 42 Recipes to Boost Your Vitamin D
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, optional
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup lemon sorbet, softened
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- Optional garnishes: whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs
- Place the raspberries, confectioners' sugar and liqueur if desired in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds.
- In a clean blender, combine the milk, ice cream, sorbet and ice; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Layer raspberry puree and ice cream mixture into four serving glasses. Garnish as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milk Shakes in Country Woman June/July 2012, p35
Reviews for Raspberry-Swirled Lemon Milk Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2013
"I make it as a snack all the time its so easy and delicious!!!!!!Thank you so much for posting it!"