Suggests field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska, "Dress up these fruity chocolate bars with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chocolate syrup and eggs; mix well. Add flour and mix well. Beat cream cheese and preserves until smooth; gently stir in raspberries. Fold into the batter.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool. Cut into 2-1/2-in. diamonds. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Swirled Brownies in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p67
Reviews for Raspberry Swirled Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"These are extremely moist. Almost like they are not completely baked, however, I did bake them for 35 min and they were pulling away from the edge of the pan. The flavor is nice but they could be eaten with a fork."