Suggests field editor Iola Egle of McCook, Nebraska, "Dress up these fruity chocolate bars with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprig of mint.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add chocolate syrup and eggs; mix well. Add flour and mix well. Beat cream cheese and preserves until smooth; gently stir in raspberries. Fold into the batter.
- Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool. Cut into 2-1/2-in. diamonds. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Swirled Brownies in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p67
Reviews for Raspberry Swirled Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2011
"These are extremely moist. Almost like they are not completely baked, however, I did bake them for 35 min and they were pulling away from the edge of the pan. The flavor is nice but they could be eaten with a fork."