Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- 3. Remove 2-1/3 cups batter to a small bowl; stir in preserves until blended. Pour half of the plain batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with raspberry batter, then remaining plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, serve with raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 484 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
"This is an awesome Pound Cake. I made this for our pastor and his wife for Christmas and they said it was delicious. Instead of using the Seedless Raspberry Preserves I used Raspberry Jam. That worked beautifully. I will definitely make this one again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.