Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating after each addition just until combined.
- 3. Remove 2-1/3 cups batter to a small bowl; stir in preserves until blended. Pour half of the plain batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Top with raspberry batter, then remaining plain batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 4. Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, serve with raspberries and mint. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 484 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake
"This is an awesome Pound Cake. I made this for our pastor and his wife for Christmas and they said it was delicious. Instead of using the Seedless Raspberry Preserves I used Raspberry Jam. That worked beautifully. I will definitely make this one again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.