Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes Recipe
I'm a teenage farm girl who likes cooking and baking. These cupcakes are a favorite of mine.—Christine Sohm, Newton, Ontario
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup raspberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and decorative sprinkles, optional
- 1. Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat shortening until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla, salt; gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with raspberries and sprinkles if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC