- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup raspberry pie filling
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Fresh raspberries and decorative sprinkles, optional
- Prepare cake batter mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until fluffy. Add the milk, vanilla, salt; gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with raspberries and sprinkles if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Swirl Cupcakes(17)
Sort By :
I have not made these yet but will very soon. Since several had complained of the frosting being too sweet I might suggest using softened butter in place of the shortening. It will be a more creamy consistency. I will also add a small amount of raspberry pie filling to the frosting along with replacing the vanilla extract with raspberry extract. I have done that before with other recipes and it is fantastic! (I am rating it 5 only because it makes you do this in order to leave a comment)
I found the pie filling at Giant Eagle grocery store. They only sell it in their brand but it is delicious!!!!
I also could not find the raspberry pie filling anywhere ,so I used Smuckers Raspberry preserves and these cupcakes turned out excellent.
for the frosting I used 1 SMALL PKG Of Jello vanilla instant pudding (powder) and mix it to to 1 tub of cool whip no milk needed, mix the pudding and cool whip
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. My new favorite!! Loved the raspberry filling, loved the icing. I wouldn't change a thing!!
Loved these, but the recipe for the frosting is WAY too sweet. After a bit of tweaking and adding some of the raspberry pie filling to the frosting I finally was able to make something that didn't kill you with sweetness.
Every time I try to make this recipe my pie filling falls to the bottom of the cupcake and gets stuck on the wrapper. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I mixed and matched a bit, used lemon cake mix and strawberry pie filling, it was AMAZING, didn't even need frosting!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cupcake Frosting >
- Cupcake Frosting Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes for Kids >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >