Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Drop 1/3 cup preserves by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- 3. In a small saucepan, heat remaining preserves until melted; drizzle over serving plates. Top each with a piece of coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake
"I made this coffee cake and brought it to work since I had some homemade raspberry jam. Instead of using almonds (due to nut allergies), I used a streusel topping. Everyone loved it; I took home an empty plate. It is a great way to use up jam. You could use any type of jam and yogurt you wanted. Definitely a keeper!!"