Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
“This recipe was a Best of Show bread winner at our local fair…and it’s sure to be a winner at your house, too,“ writes Jeanette Redman from Newark, Ohio. “Raspberry yogurt gives it a unique and wonderful flavor.“
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Drop 1/3 cup preserves by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- 3. In a small saucepan, heat remaining preserves until melted; drizzle over serving plates. Top each with a piece of coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC