Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the chopped almonds.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Drop 1/3 cup preserves by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove sides of pan.
- 3. In a small saucepan, heat remaining preserves until melted; drizzle over serving plates. Top each with a piece of coffee cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 287 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Raspberry Swirl Coffee Cake
"I made this coffee cake and brought it to work since I had some homemade raspberry jam. Instead of using almonds (due to nut allergies), I used a streusel topping. Everyone loved it; I took home an empty plate. It is a great way to use up jam. You could use any type of jam and yogurt you wanted. Definitely a keeper!!"