Raspberry Sweet Tea
You only need a handful of ingredients to stir together this refreshing, spring sipper. Its brilliant color and smile-fetching flavor will make a popular thirst quencher as the weather turns warm. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 quarts water, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and undrained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. of water to a boil. Stir in sugar
- substitute until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add tea bags; steep for 5-8 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In another saucepan, bring raspberries and remaining water to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain and discard
- pulp. Add raspberry juice and lime juice to the tea.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 17 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.