Raspberry Sweet Tea Recipe
You only need a handful of ingredients to stir together this refreshing, spring sipper. Its brilliant color and smile-fetching flavor will make a popular thirst quencher as the weather turns warm. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:15 servings
- 4 quarts water, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and undrained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. of water to a boil. Stir in sugar substitute until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Add tea bags; steep for 5-8 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- 3. In another saucepan, bring raspberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain and discard pulp. Add raspberry juice and lime juice to the tea.
- 4. Transfer to a large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
1 cup equals 17 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC