- 4 quarts water, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 10 individual tea bags
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and undrained
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 qts. of water to a boil. Stir in sugar substitute until dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Add tea bags; steep for 5-8 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In another saucepan, bring raspberries and remaining water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain and discard pulp. Add raspberry juice and lime juice to the tea.
- Transfer to a large pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Raspberry Sweet Tea
"It's really good Raspberry Sweet Tea."
"I have a crazy question to ask about this, but I wanted to see if I could make the tea with a 1 gallon size tea bag and the normal amount of regular sugar, instead of sugar substitute, I would put in my regular sweet tea. I didn't know if I should use my regular amount since fruit is going to be added and didn't know if it would make it too sweet. Any thoughts?"
"This is very refreshing on a hot day. I have made it several times and really enjoy it."
"bb2,I re-read your post, and I think you are saying it is just too much sugar for a gallon. I just adjust for sweetness that I like. Is that what you were asking?"
"Go ahead and try it! The recipe calls for sugar substitute. I imagine you could use regular sugar if you wanted to. For myself, I will use the sugar substitute, but will use sugar when I make it for anyone else."
"sounds ohhhh so yummy,tantalizing, butis there to much sugar in it?"