For a fast-to-fix finish, spoon this ruby-red raspberry sauce over individual dishes of vanilla ice cream for a simple yet special dessert.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice; set berries aside. In a bowl,
- combine cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of juice until smooth. In a
- saucepan, bring the raspberries and remaining juice to a boil; stir
- in the cornstarch mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in almond extract. Cool. Serve over
- ice cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups sauce.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 30 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.