Raspberry Sugar Cream Tarts Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, extract and salt. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 3. Spread 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit onto the bottom of each crust. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk in the whipping cream, half-and-half and extract just until blended (mixture will be thin). Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into each crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until filling just begins to bubble.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans; cool completely on wire racks. If desired, top with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Sugar Cream Tarts
"I agree with other reviewer. I pressed the crust in with a floured pill bottle like I do with the tassies. But, unlike the tassies, these rose after baking. There was no room for filling."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.