Raspberry Sugar Cream Tarts Recipe
My tarts bring back memories of growing up baking with my mom. They’re perfect for holidays at home, as well as for gifts. —Cathy Banks, Encinitas, California
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, extract and salt. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Shape dough into 3/4-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 3. Spread 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit onto the bottom of each crust. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Whisk in the whipping cream, half-and-half and extract just until blended (mixture will be thin). Spoon 2 teaspoons filling into each crust. Bake 12-14 minutes or until filling just begins to bubble.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans; cool completely on wire racks. If desired, top with raspberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC