Raspberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole unsweetened raspberries, divided
- PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each of 12 greased muffin cups. Divide half of the raspberries among cups; top with remaining batter, then remaining raspberries.
- For topping, combine ingredients until mixture resembles moist crumbs; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; carefully remove from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.
Reviews for Raspberry Streusel Muffins(3)
Sort By :
Easy to make. I might drizzle some frosting on top after the muffins are cooled but I obvioulsy don't need the extra calories.
Delicious!!! I really love how the tartness of the raspberries contrast with the sweetness of the "muffin". I followed everything exactly as the recipe called, except I did add about 1/4 cup more flour to the "topping" portion to get more of a crumb.
I can hardly wait for raspberry season to begin each year so I can make these muffins. Becuase you have to put a second layer of batter on each muffin, they're not as quick as say, blueberry, but they're sure worth the extra few minutes. Don't try to stir the raspberries into the batter, they're too fragile.