These muffins can be made in minutes for those unexpected guests or quick breakfast. They are perfect for afternoon tea.—Rosemary Smith, Fort Bragg, California
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole unsweetened raspberries, divided
- PECAN STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In a small bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon batter into each of 12 greased muffin cups. Divide half of the raspberries among cups; top with remaining batter, then remaining raspberries.
- For topping, combine ingredients until mixture resembles moist crumbs; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; carefully remove from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 12 muffins.
Originally published as Raspberry Struesel Muffins in Country Woman July/August 1990, p35
Reviews for Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review