Raspberry Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
One of my mother's friends used to bring this over at the holidays, and it never lasted long. With the tangy raspberry filling, tender cake and crunchy topping, it has become a favorite at our house. -Amy Mitchell, Sabetha, Kansas
- 3-1/2 cups unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook raspberries and water over medium heat 5 minutes. Add lemon juice. Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs, sour cream and vanilla (batter will be stiff).
- 3. Spread half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread raspberry filling over batter; spoon remaining batter over filling. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- 4. Bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 462 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Streusel Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC