This refreshing dessert has a rich shortbread-like crust with a creamy center and pretty red gelatin top layer. It’s easy enough for everyday, but cheery enough to dish up for guests, too. —Lois Frazee, Gardnerville, Nevada
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pecans and brown sugar; stir in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Chill until firm. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Gelatin Dessert Squares in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p35
Reviews for Raspberry Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2011
"My whole family loved this dessert...even my picky son, who never eats jello!!! I might even make this again tonight!!!"