Raspberry Spinach Salad Recipe
This recipe came from a neighbor, and I adapted it to my family's tastes. It's a nice special salad to serve anytime—and, with fresh spinach from the garden, it's great for summer picnics! I've long enjoyed cooking...ever since my mother put me in charge of my first Sunday roast when I was 12.
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound fresh spinach, rinsed well and drained
- 3/4 cup whole toasted pecans, divided
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 2 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1. With whisk or a blender, blend vinegar and jam. Add salad oil in thin stream while whisking. Set aside. Mix spinach, half of nuts, half of raspberries and all of the dressing. Top salad with remaining nuts, berries and kiwifruit. Mix again before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 269 calories, 23 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC