Betty Binder of Williamstown, Michigan uses Splenda and sugar-free gelatin to give these guilt-free cookies their sweetness. You can alter the gelatin flavor and color to your liking.
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- In a small bowl, beat the shortening, butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; dip tops in gelatin. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Raspberry Sparkle Drop Cookies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p35
Reviews for Raspberry Sparkle Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review