Raspberry Sherbet Wreath
—Susan Brown, Northglenn, Colorado
10-12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- 10 to 12 small lemon leaves
- 3 pints raspberry sherbet or sorbet
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. With a
- small new paint brush, brush white chocolate in a thin layer on the
- underside of each leaf. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of white chocolate; chill for at least 15
- minutes or overnight. Gently peel leaf from chocolate
- For wreath, chill a 14-in. to 16-in. round serving platter in the
- freezer for at least 15 minutes. Working quickly, scoop 1-1/2-in.
- balls of sherbet and arrange in a ring on the platter. Make another
- ring of sherbet scoops inside the first ring. Arrange a third ring
- on top of the other rings. If sherbet begins to melt, return platter
- to the freezer for 5 minutes. Garnish with white chocolate leaves
- and raspberries. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 144 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.