Raspberry Sandwich Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (do not separate). Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cut again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Spread the bottom of half of the cookies with jam; top with remaining cookies. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Place chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl. Dip each end of cookies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip in sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 204 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Raspberry Sandwich Spritz
"These are my new favorite Christmas cookies! I've made them for three years now, and they are the first ones gone."
"These were simple to make but look so impressive - all of my co-workers asked where I bought them! :-) I love the combination of raspberry and chocolate, although I think I would like to also try orangefilling as well. I also think when I make them the next time, I will cut the pieces just a little smaller (maybe 1 1/2" pieces instead of 2"...just personal preference) The spritz dough recipe worked beautifully in my cookie press, too! This is definitely a recipe I'll be adding to my collection - Thanks!"