- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, form dough into long strips on ungreased baking sheets. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (do not separate). Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cut again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread the bottom of half of the cookies with jam; top with remaining cookies. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Place chocolate sprinkles in a small bowl. Dip each end of cookies in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip in sprinkles. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Sandwich Spritz
Sort By :
"These are my new favorite Christmas cookies! I've made them for three years now, and they are the first ones gone."
"These were simple to make but look so impressive - all of my co-workers asked where I bought them! :-) I love the combination of raspberry and chocolate, although I think I would like to also try orangefilling as well. I also think when I make them the next time, I will cut the pieces just a little smaller (maybe 1 1/2" pieces instead of 2"...just personal preference) The spritz dough recipe worked beautifully in my cookie press, too! This is definitely a recipe I'll be adding to my collection - Thanks!"