Raspberry Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extracts until mixture forms a ball.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. From the center of half the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2 in. shape. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over the bottoms of the solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place over cookies with jam. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 207 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
"I love these cookies! The dough is easy to work with and they're delicious. Every time I make them, they are a hit. I've become famous for these at Christmastime."
"Not overly impressed with this cookie. They did bake nicely with good texture, but they are rather bland. I think it could use more sugar or maybe a lemon or orange flavoring."