Raspberry Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Pretty raspberry jam peeks out from buttery shortbread cookies for a festive treat. Make them throughout the year with different cookie cutter shapes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extracts until mixture forms a ball.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. From the center of half the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2 in. shape. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over the bottoms of the solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place over cookies with jam. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 207 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC