- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water and extracts until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. From the center of half the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2 in. shape. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon jam over the bottoms of the solid cookies. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; place over cookies with jam. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
"I love these cookies! The dough is easy to work with and they're delicious. Every time I make them, they are a hit. I've become famous for these at Christmastime."
"Not overly impressed with this cookie. They did bake nicely with good texture, but they are rather bland. I think it could use more sugar or maybe a lemon or orange flavoring."